Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a weekend!!










I am waiting on the Colts game to start we HAVE to beat the Patriots or I will never live it down with my son - in - law!!! Please Payton pull out all your magic!!
This has been a busy week I got to go back to work and by the weekend I was so glad not to go. Being off for 2 weeks is the same no matter what job you have you always have to figure out what did and didn't get done and then pick up and go. I am back on top now so Monday should be great! I spent Sat stacking wood with my mom we now have enough wood at the house to get me through at least a couple of weeks by then hopefully the boys will be around to help bring up another round. Then Parker James came and spent Sat. night and Sunday with me. What a time we had from going to my HOG chapter meeting, going to Meijers and examining all the toys, games animinals food and oh yes we got a movie Journey to the center of the earth, what a fun movie. Then Grandma deceided that I wanted some fresh flowers so I treated myself to flowers helps me to remember that spring will be back!! Today we went to church and another week in Kids Zone that will wear you out!! I love working with the kids they have so much energy and yet they will admit to having needs that only God can meet. I love reading their prayer cards and praying over them, sometimes the tears just fall when I read their concerns. We are learning about imagination and courage. Just imagine what God can do if we just let him good lesson for us adults too isn't it? I played fooze ball? with Kenedy and another little guy and got beat bad!! After clean up we were off to Muncie to Chuckie Cheeses now Parker and I neither one have been there before but oh the fun we had!! The pizza was pretty good and low and behold they had a good salad bar and yes caffine free diet Coke how much better could it get!!!???? After 2 hours I convinenced him it was time to go to the Mall for grandma to have some fun!! Yeh Bath and Body for another treat. We went to visit someone who I haven't seen for some time and discovered that she is in the hospital so tomorrow I will go back to Muncie to visit her I know her time is short and I want to be able to see her again before she doesn't recognize me. There were several gas stations with gas at $1.97 !!!! Then we headed home and that is when I noticed God's beautiful paintbrush at work. The sky was so pretty, and the trees wow I was so afraid that our fall would be colorless but the trees are becoming beautiful reds and golds. The color and smells are the best thing about fall. Thanks giving is just around the corner and this year I can see all I have to be thankful to God for.

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hi Brenda! So glad you enjoyed Chucke's! It's a Pfohl favorite hang out! I can't believe the price of gas! Glad you showed a picture to prove it! ;) Hope you have a great nights rest and a good day at work tomorrow! -Mindy

Casey R. Vincent said...

Wow Brenda it sounds like you had a fun filled weekend! Glad you enjoyed hanging out with Parker and treating yourselves to some fun!

Unknown said...

I don't think I could last 30 minutes in Kid Zone! Not since my doctor took away my caffeine!

Yes, we do have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for pointing it out.