Friday, November 21, 2008

I have a hundred things running around in my mind tonight and it all started with this prayer: Mighty God, I am not content to continue in my own simple ways. I want to know You as I have never known You before. I read this in a devotional and now I can't stop thinking! I have started asking God about New Orleans- I wasn't going to go this year to allow someone else to go BUT my niece said she really wants to go back-yes I told God if he wanted me there then have Lacey choose N.O. and not N.Y.answer #1 now I pray "God start preparing my heart now for what you have for me then" I must admit that I am both excited and scared because each year God has taken me a little farther out of my comfort zone, and I wonder what he will ask of me this time. I wonder where he is leading me and I asked him but he only reminds me of the verse he gave me almost 20 months ago;Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" then I read the following verses; 12 "In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.14 I will be found by you," says the LORD.
I am reading the book The Shack and although I am having trouble with some of it today something popped up that makes me think. When someone is drowning it is pretty hard to save them if they don't trust you. Jesus says that all he asks is when I start to sink, let him rescue me.In otherwords stop fighting and let me do my job!! How often do I fight against the waters of life when all I have to do is relax and trust Jesus? Then something else was mentioned;It is not my job to change people, it is my job to LOVE them and let God do the changing. How often do I find myself wanting to change someone to fit what I think is the right mold? I'm afraid that I have done that far too often so I am going to try to throw away the molds I think people should fit into and let God do the changing and I will pray for a more loving heart. I also was reminded that I need to use the SFGTD file much more often;incase you don't know what that means it is Something For God To Do.
If you think of me sometimes pray that I will be willing to step further out of my comfort zone and do what he asks of me. I am sure that life is about to get exciting!!!!

No comments: