Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shoes!!!


I wore a pair of shoes today for the first time in 6 weeks! My foot is screaming but I am afraid to take the shoe off until I craw into bed. It is a funny feeling having something so restrictive on my foot again and I have to learn to walk correctly again too. I have been favoring that foot since July 18th and the rest of my body is paying for it now. I wonder if the chiorpractor will ever get me straight again!!
While learning to walk correctly I am reminded of how off balance I am when I don't listen to Jesus. When I put aside my bible, don't pray as much, try to solve my problems on my own; my life is pretty much a mess. Then when I get back to reading the healing words of my Jesus and I start sharing with him about my thoughts and hopes, dissapointments and frustrations, my life begins to take a turn for the better. Only problem is that Satin really gets nervous and starts throwing stones my way, even a slippery banana peal sometimes. I am learning to recognize that these things are not from God BUT he does use them to teach me.
How about you? Do you have some relearning to do too?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a friend who calls me and asks, "so what's God been teaching you?"
That always stops me dead in my tracks and no matter what I'm going through, I guarantee there is a lesson to be learned. So
whenever I hit a bump in the road I just ask God, "What are you trying to teach me here?"

Nathan said...

Great post Brenda. I am relearning a lot of things right now, it seems.

Something new each day ;o)