Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving day

Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead tell the storm how big your God is! My screen background says;" Christ is not valued at all unless he is valued above all" Augustine
Putting up the Christmas tree tonight I broke 3 glass ornaments. I've been collecting glass ornaments for 12 years and never broke one till now. Why now? Then the tears came and something in my head and heart said" Broken Dreams", perfect life gone~~~~ but is it really?
Did I really have the perfect life? Well of course I believe it was as close to perfect as possible but was it? I listen to Christmas CD's and gaze at the tree with all it's colors. I look around and see the oil lamps we collected together. I see pictures of motorcycle trips, vacations, wedding pictures the last church pictures we had taken,all beautiful memories and then my eyes fall on another wall. This wall represents the future~~~ pictures of my 8 grandchildren. One of the frames says;"GRANDKIDS can FILL a space in your HEART that you never knew was empty" The plaque above it says;"I have learned that being with those I love is enough" Another saying I have in my living room states"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain"
Lord Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am. Jesus please comfort all those who have lost precious family members. This is a tough time of year for us, show us the future and remind us of your promise in Jeremiah 29:11. Amen

2 comments:

Nathan said...

One of my favorite verses is Psalms 34, 18-19 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all."

Praying for you!
You are so strong and inspiring.

Mommy pfohl said...

Brenda- You absolutely touch and bless my life. I appreciate this post tonight and your honesty. But most of all, I so much appreciate the way that God speaks to you! It is profound! THank you for sharing this moment with us tonight! The Pfohl family loves you to pieces!!! -Mindy