Thursday, October 30, 2008

Okay God I get the Message!!

I have been sharing with you about my lessons on Trust and today more are coming my way soon as I got up this morning I was hit!!! I set my alarm for 5am, it is tuned to JOY FM I fade in and out for the first hour listening to the praises of the Lord it helps start my day on the right foot. Somewhere around 6 Naomi has the verse of the day and today it is Psalms 27: 14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, Wait patiently for the Lord. Then it is time to read my devotional from the Upper Room the scripture? 2Kings 5: 1-14 talks about a guy named Naaman and that to be healed of Leprosy all he had to do was go to the Jordan river and dip himself 7 times, but he was so upset because he wanted the prophet to wave a magic hand over him. When he finally trusted he was healed. The thought for the day "God is worth trusting!" The last thing that has come up so far is my birthverse, there is this cool website birthverse.com that Naomi was talking about this morning and so I went to look up mine it is Hebrews 12:2 and this is what it says; Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
When God sets his sites on you there is not much you can do to avoid him, especially if you are seeking to be the best daughter ever. There is something that I really want to happen but now I am seeing that it will only happen when I give complete trust to my Lord and Savior. My personel verse Jeremiah 29: 11 "I have a plan for you" Lord help me to wait and trust you for your perfect plan for my life. I want to rush ahead and do it my way cause I wanted it yesterday, but you know best and I am trying my best to trust you alone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda, You always have such nice posts. Love to read them!