Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's gotta be a "Girl Thing"!

It is Saturday morning and I have been up since 5am did you read that right? 5 am who in their right mind would get up on a Sat. morning when it is cold and you could stay snuggled up in the comforter? Well if you are a woman and you love being with your friends, and you are still a kid at heart, and you love craft and hobby shows then you understand! Today I get to spend the entire day with my best friend, her daughter -in -law (who is also my friend) and a friend of hers. We are going to Indy to the Christmas Craft and Hobby show and I am soooooooooooo excited! I love the holidays and this year I am looking forward to getting back into life with them. Thanks giving and Christmas are such special times of the year to spend with family and friends, and although last year was hard to feel the spirit God has brought me a long way and has again allowed the wonder of the holidays to well up inside me. I am so very blessed in my life, I have a home and car, lots of family who I love dearly, a ton of friends, a bestest friend in the whole world.I am blessed to be a mom to 2 wonderful daughters and I am a grandma to --well there are 8 for sure and then well I know of at least4 more who call me grandma!! I have a great, growing , alive church and have the privilage of working in Kids Zone, Angel Food, Food Pantry, Bible School,WOW! I know what it feels like to be dumped and how it feels to have been loved so deeply that you can't imagine life without him. I have been blessed to know the pain of death, divorce, abuse so that now I can help others to survive. I have a God who is alive and is living in my heart and life, without him none of the above would mean much.
So as I go off to have a good time with my friends and enjoy the blessings I have, why don't you also take a few min. and count your blessings? You will be amazed as you look at life what you will find as blessings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda, You sould be a counselor, you would make a great one! I've gotta go count my blessings now, bye!

Nathan said...

Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings! Sometimes I need that kind of little reminder ;o) I hope you have a blast today! And Milah's right! I'm just saying . . .

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, you are a great reminder! I was feeling bummed tonight, but instead, I'm going to go count my blessings! Thanks! -Mindy