Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good morning all it is 6:25am on Sat. morning and I am headed off in this cold like several others (who are already there unloading the truck) to distrubute Angel Food. You either have to be crazy or really in love with Jesus to do this! I started with Angel food when it started a few years now when we went to another church to pick up our order, it was cold then and the truck was late and we had no idea what we were doing,we have come a long way. If you have never been involved come try it out it is an easy way to serve our LORD and the fellowship is great too.!
M first devotional of the day left me with some things to think about as I continue my journey back to N.O. L.A. and I want to post it for you to think about too.

Yielding to His Lordship
Day 218

God is not a therapist; He is not just someone you approach to make it through a difficult time. He is Lord and Savior. Your greatest joy will come when you yield your whole life to Him.

"Know that you have to leave it up to Him, and you have no control over life or death—that's what sustained me through it all," says Gretchen, whose husband died.

When you honor Him as God, you are better able to accept the circumstances of life.

"Woe is me for my hurt! My wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it" (Jeremiah 10:19 kjv).

Father, yielding to Your Lordship is difficult for me, but I want to give my every thought and effort to You, not just to get me through the rough times, but as an act of worship to You. Amen.

No comments: