Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My mind just won't stop!!!!






As I look at the pictures I post sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry, tonight I cry. Tonight I am angry,angry at myself for crying all the time and angry at Glen because he is gone. Angry because he is in Heaven with Jesus riding his motorcycle,and building wonderful buildings for Jesus and I am left to try to find affordable insurance! I look at the pictures and I see a big hole in many of them,Glen, Bob, Vivian,Eddie, those are just a few that I miss. Yet tonight our growth group sent a Sunshine Basket full of food to a single man who just lost his dad and is facing an auction of his parents home this weekend. What is funny is that among other things sent there were big cans of Campbell's chunky soup, the gentleman was so thrilled to have BIG cans of soup because he had been eating oatmeal for supper and was kinda tired of that! God had me choose that soup, because I understood that sometimes you want comfort food and yet ya just don't want to cook for one! Isn't is amazing how God works things out? Now if God would just make getting health insurance so easy! Do you realize how much we take for granted? We are blessed with so much that we fail to see how precious things are. We all know how precious relationships are yet sometimes we take them for granted, but look around you if you are reading this you have a computer,and electricity, and a home with a roof and windows. How do you feel when you can't get on the computer or the electricity goes out? Lost,angry,afraid? Even now that I know how quickly life can turn into a nightmare I still find myself taking things for granted but I am working on cherishing the things and friendships I have because nothing is forever especially if you don't take care of it. So to all you friends out there I Love You and thanks for sticking by me during these tough times. I thank Jesus that he put you just where you are for such a time as this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you in the pink top sitting on Glen's lap. You both look so happy! That's the smile I remember Glen having.

Nathan said...

Brenda, you may not realize it, but you taught me so much in NOLA and I'm so happy to have went with you! I can't imagine the pain you're feeling, but I'm praying for your peace, and praising God for your strength. you're awesome!