Thursday, September 4, 2008

The cover-up



I decided Wed. night that it was time to give my old wicker some new life. Actually I wasn't sure how it would work but I wanted to use it in my bedroom and the way it looked well it sure wouldn't work in the house!! I had a can of burgundy spray paint so I though why not? I started our and it looked so good I headed to WalMart to get some more paint. Four cans later I have a brand new piece of furniture and it has a new home in my bedroom. My bedroom is my retreat when things get to crazy in the rest of the house and it contains the only TV that has color and when you are watching Design on a Dime you want color!!
While painting I got to thinking maybe it was God talking to me but the subject of new life kept coming. I was reminded that just as I gave the wicker new life so Jesus gave me new life. As the paint began to cover the old chipped wicker I was reminded of how the blood of Jesus covered me. I had trouble getting all the nooks and crannies covered but Jesus blood had no problem covering ALL of me. Since Glen's death I have learned how to become resourceful, to scrounge around to make things do double duty or even give something a new purpose. God takes the broken, dirty, aged,and worn out and puts it to a new use. Each one of us has a purpose one that God has Jeremiah 29:11 tells us clearly that God has a purpose for our lives and it is one of prosperity and good. It is the best it can be. How awesome even when we think things are bad
God has it all under control and it will work out to be the best!
Speaking of the best can anyone tell me how a simple broken toe can end up with complications and be the best?!?! Yes I went back to the doctor today for a follow up and he could now see that there was more than a broken bone going on. I knew that the day it happened but no one wanted to hear my opinion!!! There is plans in the works to reconstruct the ligament between the toes,major surgery. I know Mila and Yes I am still laughing cause Dr.Miller said that this type of injury is rare and he can't even remember seeing one!! I am not surprised are you?

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Great reference of Christ's blood giving new life like a fresh coat of paint! You are awesome!

I will be praying for your foot!!!

Sue said...

Your bedroom looks GREAT! Love that wicker couch. Sorry that your toe is causing you so many problems!

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda! I'm so sorry....but why am I not surprised? I will be praying for your foot to heal without surgery.

I really like your wicker chair. Good analogy by the way....your really good at that.