Monday, September 15, 2008

Just my memories




























Well I had these pictures all in the order that I wanted to tell you about but somehow the order got messed up so I will just mention some and let you guess on the rest! Glen was a man of many talents and friends. When I first met him he said he didn't know many people,so why then I asked that where ever we go someone talks to you and you know them? Funny thing is that many times he didn't know names and it finally got to be a joke because I would look at him and he would give me "the look" and I would say "I know don't ask!" Do you see the wedding pictures? I didn't know him then but wasn't he just drop dead gorgeous?!? The cigar and beer? Just shows that he was a little devilish at times too, he knew that cigar just drove me batty! And on his mission trip he was really worried what Pastor Kris would think of his smokes. Great thing is that wasn't a habit just a sometime it is good thing. The he was always giving kids rides on the bike or wrestling with the boys--- and he thought kids didn't like him. My grandsons never skipped a beat when it came to accepting him as grandpa. Our travels took us all over the eastern US We saw Washington DC., the Virginias, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, York PA, Ohio, MI, and Indiana. We traveled alone just getting up one morning and taking off maybe coming home that night and maybe not. We traveled with friends especially Roger and Rita what wonderful memories especially West Virginia, remember OXY Cotton town in the late evening? and that awful food you had Roger?! We went to Rolling Thunder and I had my rain pants on it turned hot and I got sick, took the pants off and my jeans could have water rung out of them! The sights I got to see with him on the bike are just too many to tell about but for two kids who had little money we sure figured out how to really enjoy the gift of beauty God has provided. The picture that is on it's side of me with that strange face is because I was really surprised one christmas, we didn't have a lot of money so we were not going to get much for eachother. True to his nature he wanted to get me something really special, so he and my brother got together and managed to find 17 blushing bunnies. They are cute little bunnies that you can't find anymore and I just love. Together they went on ebay and found all of them. I never did find out how much he spent but for sure it was more than just a little something!! The two pictures of him in Wiggins MS were the beginning of a new life for him, that mission trip changed his life completely. It was the first time we had been apart and boy was it a long week!! He called every night first to rub it in that it was warm and he was sitting in shirt sleeves while I was here wrapped up in a blanket. He also described the work he was doing and the people he was getting to know, I could hear his voice change each night, I could hear how he was humbled by the work he was doing and who he was doing it for. He realized that he was working for God and that it was awesome, we deceided that next year we would serve as a couple, little did we know that God had different plans for that next mission trip, Glen's job was done but mine had just begun. He was really excited to tell me that he had a new friend, a man that he really liked and trusted, I don't know what they talked about but Jack Frost became a very important figure in his life. When he told me his name was Jack Frost I thought he was teasing me and really didn't believe him until I met Jack and Mila. There are many more memories that I could share with you but am sure that you are probably tired of my ramblings and besides it is time for me to move forward, he always said for me not to weep for a long time after he is gone, and that he wanted me to be happy so I am going to put these memories in a photo book and then as he would say " Lets Lock-N-Load! The adventure begins!!" My last post on memories will give you something to think about, something that I have learned as I shared with you. Think on this did you know that sometimes people are trying to prepare you for their leaving? More later. Thanks folks for letting me share with you and for helping me to move on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda, If I remember right, I think I was the one who snapped those pictures in Mississippi. Oh what fun we had! I know what you mean about Jack and Glen. Both were stepping out of their comfort zones to serve God and both got such a blessing for being obedient to His call. I wish we all could have gone back down together the next year like we had planned but God has other plans....thanks for sharing this....I'll show Jack when I get a chance.