Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Making Changes


Well the living room is painted and now comes the time to put back all the stuff that came out of the room during this changing process. I am not sure what is going back and what will be stored somewhere ( have really limited storage) and what will find a new home. Everything looks so clean and uncluttered but strangely empty. I made a promise to myself that I was going to change, to become less of a pack rat, to become organized and be ready for surprise visits and not be embarrassed by the mess, ( you can only leave the sweeper sit out for so long before people get the idea that it is out just to buy time!) But how do you change years of bad habits? I moved my desk which required shutting off the computer and unplugging all those wires. After it is all moved then you have to hook it back up again, you know that every wire has to go back exactly where it was in the first place, yes I know that and I thought I did that but something isn't right it took my 3x's to get it all hooked up right and still the Internet wouldn't work, what am I doing wrong? I never did figure out what I did but I had to power down and power up and push the reset button, and then reinstall the Internet! Then my speakers wouldn't work, WHY? I cried but finally with a flashlight figured out that the blue and the green plugs look very much alike in the dark now the speakers work. Then I looked at the monitor my computer is several years old and so I have this big ugly monitor, how can I position it so it is not so ugly, how can I hide it's bigness and bulkiness? Nowhere, if I am going to use my computer I am going to use the ugly monitor. While I was debating this delemina the thought came to me that while the monitor is not pretty it was made for a purpose and it is serving it's purpose the best it can. I am just like that monitor, I am too heavy and I think I am too short, and I am not the smartest person around but I have a purpose. God made me just like I am for a purpose, he made me with a smile that seems to always be there and an attitude to go with it. He gave me a servant's heart, I am happiest when I am doing for others. He gave me the gift of mercy, I really care about others and my heart breaks when others are hurting. He is taking me on a journey so that I can know how others feel or what to do when certain things happen. I would not be able to help others if I had not journeyed down the path of divorce, abuse, alcohol, and death. But I also know the joy of becoming a mother and grandmother, experiencing a love that is as perfect as it gets here on earth, and having some of the best friends in the whole world. I am so thankful that Jesus loved me enough to die for my sins and then be there to help me through it all.

Now the rest of the story you remember the patio door that is wrong? Well I am still dealing with it and I still do not have the screen! This has been 6 weeks on the screen and do you know what the latest excuse is? IKE! Yep they are saying that it hasn't been shipped because of the hurricane that happened only 2 weeks ago. Isn't there something wrong here?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First, those are beautiful color choices.

Second, you should write a book sometime....I'm serious, "Words of Wisdom from a girl who attended the school of Hard Knocks."

And third, get your kids and mom to go in together this Christmas and buy you a laptop! To heck with all those wires!