Friday, September 12, 2008

I Have a Bike!!!




On June 26th 2004 I became an official motorcycle Babe!!! I got my own bike and what a trip it was!! I had only been on a motorcycle 2 times in my whole life before I met Glen, but within less than a month of dating him I was hooked! We rode together 2up for 3years and then after I asked so many ???? about what was going on with the bike he asked me if I wanted to learn to ride? I said "No, I like being on the back with you" (it was great snuggle time!!!) But he had planted the seed and by Memorial Day weekend 2004 I was enrolled in the ABATE Motorcycle Safety course for beginners and what an adventure! As most of you know I am not too tall 4'10" to be exact and although I had the weight and strength to hold a bike up the heigth could be a problem! I studied and studied and took the test for my permit 3x's before I passed. Now that the permit thing was out of the way I was good to go. The first class was Friday night for 4 hours we watched videos, read papers and took tests, this was actually pretty easy after all I had studied the material for 2 months already!! Then Sat morning was the day to get on the bikes. Cherry and I got there early because I wanted to try the bike before anyone else got there. If I could not reach the ground I wanted to go home before anyone saw me, but as they rolled the bikes out I sat on one and low and behold I could touch, tippy toe, but enough that the instructors were confident that I could do it, so I stayed. I can't tell you the feeling that I had the first time I took my feet off the ground and placed them on the foot pegs and RODE across the parking lot!!! Now I understand what Glen and so many others felt, FREEDOM in a strange sort of way. The riding was difficult but exciting and I finally passed the riding test and was on my way. This day Glen came with me and sat on the sidelines talking to the instructors as we went through the manuvers we had to know to pass, he said he was telling him all he needed to know to make sure I passed, isn't that true love?!?! I don't know who was more proud of me that day my instructor, Glen or myself but it was a day of celebration!! I still had no intention of getting a bike but Glen had different ideas and soon we were looking on line for just the right bike for Brenda. We both really wanted another Harley Davidson but it just wasn't to be, too much $$ to get it custom fit for me. What I did end up with is a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 just big enough to be street legal and perfect for me. The pictures show Glen loading it in our truck and getting it tied down for the trip from Cincinnati to Winchester. We were now a pair in another way could life get any better?!?! As Glen would say "Let's Lock and Load!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you knew Glen, you knew how passionate he was about riding.

Never saw you guys in your leather before...should have worn that to church.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, on one of your earlier posts, (I catch up several posts at a time) I noticed you are shopping for affordable health insurance. JR and I just switched and are saving well over $400. per month with same deductible, etc. I recommend you call: Ron at R&R Insurance Management
317-435-1718 and tell him that we recommended you calling him. He's saving us a bunch!