Thursday, September 11, 2008

Memories

Today has been a tearful day for many people and I was not spared. 9 11 we all have memories of that day, where we were, what we were doing. I know that was the first time I realized that America wasn't immune to war. It COULD happen right here. I must admit that now when I hear the jets flying low over my house I wonder for a moment is this it? Could it be happening here? I can't even begin to imagine living everyday wondering if the bombs will fall on my village or house, or having soldiers walking my street looking for terroist. I couldn't imagine being so loyal to the goverment that I would allow them to strap bombs on me and I would walk into a crowd and detonate blowing up me and anyone else around. I remember at work watching the planes going into the buildings the second one as it was happening how awful to watch those buildings collasp. I remember sitting on the couch with Glen watching the whole thing over and over, holding eachother and being so thankful that we were together. I can only hope that I am loyal to my Lord Jesus,I am well aware that someday I may be called to give my life for my faith. I pray that I will be strong enough to stand up fo my mighty God. How about you?
Some things that came across my mind today from things I read or heard on the radio. Think about this I Must Go Through The Valley to Stand on the Mountain. Don't ask Why Me? But ask What Now? These two things really stood out to me today. But the best one is still If God is For Me Who Can Be Against Me?

No comments: