Monday, September 22, 2008

I did it!! Well sort of

Will the wonders ever cease? I am finding out that
I can do all kinds of things including putting
together furniture! It was really easy, and it went together in a
breeze!! Do ya think? This is me talking the one who never gets
it right the first time!! I opened the box and laid all the pieces out with their little stickers up so I could see each piece, then I opened the instruction booklet and followed step by step everything it said to do. The top went together great then came the legs and supports for the next shelf, first I had them turned around on the wrong ends, then I had the little holes that hold the curved wrought iron
pieces were backwards so I had to unscrew them again, then you were
supposed to put one end in before you screw in the other end,
well I just used muscles and bent those little arches enough that
they reluctantly slipped in. I didn't know I had that kind of
muscle!! Then comes the bottom shelf and don't you know
I did it backwards again!! But this time I got smart and just unscrewed the
shelf and turned around the whole thing. Then comes the drawer
but as you can see there is no drawer because it made no sense, I was tired
and I really don't need it anyway. Believe it or not the only causality is my
thumb, the drill slipped when I was starting a screw but all is well it was only a tiny
hole, really it is but it sure hurt and scared me!!!
During one of the times I was sitting there trying to figure out what I did wrong
I thought about how many times I have started over in my walk with Jesus. God never makes mistakes and he put me together right the first time but sometimes the fasteners come loose and I resist so things don't fit like they should. Life seems to be going wrong, I don't do the things I should, I say or do something careless or stupid. I am so glad that unlike me giving up on the drawer and not completing the project God doesn't give up. He is constantly molding me and turning me around,and bending me into place and someday I will be a beautiful finished piece of work.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Brenda,
I love your analogies and how you can take "everyday life" things and place a spiritual spin on them!

PS BEAUTIFUL bookcase, with or without the drawer!

Mommy pfohl said...

brenda- This is one of the things I love about you. You take life and make it real... a teaching moment on who we are in Christ. thanks! Shelf looks great! ;) Remember, if you need help moving or putting together furniture... I know a couple of guys! :) -Mindy

Unknown said...

I already think you are a beautiful piece of work!