Sunday, October 12, 2008

Patience


Hello everyone beautiful feet uh? My Michigan grandkids wanted to see the before and after of my surgery so guess I will share some thoughts with you too.
Do you know how important your big toe is? It keeps you balanced! and when it gets all bent out of shape it really messes things up especially walking barefoot! Not only did I walk on the side of my foot which is making my right hip hurt but I kept getting it caught on things. Put my shoe on and everything was great but take away that support and things go to pot! I was thinking about how this relates to being a Christian and a part of the body of Christ. It takes visuals for me to learn and like I said when God wants to talk to me he has to stop me, sometimes he has to stop parts of the body to give others a chance to work or heal. I see this when churches split up and go their separate ways. I came from a church that split after we left and the damage that was done looked unrepairable but God is taking that split and using it to make 2 stronger churches. Look at what happens when natural disasters occur and then people especially God's children come in and spread his love and compassion. Look at our church and how the love and support of each person that attends supports others and makes us stronger. It takes lots of patience to grow up and strong, and it takes lots of support, just like the shoe supported my foot until it could be fixed the body of Christ could, should and does support it's members while they heal and grow strong again. Way to go FFC!!!! And thanks to who ever you are that chose to bless me today the tears I shed were of a grateful heart, Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda, I wish I could see God's lessons as easily as you do. My friend Courtney always asks me, "So, What's God been teaching you?" That always stops me in my tracks and makes me look at whatever situation I'm in to see what God IS teaching me. So often we get caught up in the event and miss the opportunity to grow spiritually.

Hope your toe heals fast!

Hugs!