Wednesday, January 14, 2009




They say that it is going to get bitter cold tonight so I have been trying to keep the fireplace going, trying to remember all the things that you are supposed to do when the temp. drops below freezing. Open the cabinet doors, to allow heat to the pipes, let the water drip, keep curtains closed, make sure your sidewalks are clear etc. Bringing in the wood tonight at 10pm it is hard to believe that the weather is going to be so dangerous in just a couple of hours. I looked down my walk and saw the snowmen and lights I had uncovered earlier were again covered with a blanket of soft snow they were so beautiful so I took pictures, then went out on the deck to measure the snow my ruler shows just a little over and 5".
This made me think about things in life that seem so beautiful but yet are so deadly. Sometimes we do things that seem innocent thinking that it won't hurt us. We let little things sneak in and make a home in our lives and before we realize it we are in trouble. God has provided us with all we need to stay out of trouble but we ignore his word cause we want our own way. Just some thoughts on our "private" life, don't know about you but I think I will take a look at some things that seem innocent in my life and make sure they truly are innocent.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

That's a crazy amount of snow! Whew! I haven't been outside so I wouldn't have even thought it was that much! WOW! Thanks for sharing about the innocent things in our lives. Very good thoughts! -Mindy

Kris Sorensen said...

Good analogy.