Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Safe at home

Have you ever been so scared that all you could do is cry? Tonight was one of those nights for me. I went to Muncie for a Christmas dinner, at Olive Gardens I wouldn't miss a chance to eat there it is one of my all time favorites!! I knew going over there that it could be risky business but I was determined! I had had a bad day at work, in fact yesterday and today weren't good, so I really wanted to get away and enjoy the company of some of my church family. The fellowship was wonderful got to meet and get to know people I only see at a glance at church, the meal was wonderful, portabella mushroom stuffed ravioli yummy( yes I know Mindy that is not on my food list but is anything at Olive Gardens?) Anyway I was smart enough to put a piece of cardboard on my windshield when I went in and when I came out~~~~~~~~~~~~~ well it was kinda stuck to the window and the rest were covered in ice. I filled up with gas before leaving Muncie only $1.59!! that was a good thing, then it was out to the road. MY oh MY!! By the time I got to the by pas I was so scared all I could do was cry. I couldn't remember one single bible verse about Fear so had nothing to fall back on. I know that part of the reason for the tears was because it was roads like that that took my husband's life. I have never been afraid of driving in any kind of weather that is why I am usually the one to drive, but tonight alone on the road was different. I had JOY FM on and wished that tonight they were playing praise and worship songs instead of Christmas songs which I dearly love. Finally I prayed Lord please get me home safely. At that point the songs began to calm me down and my phone rang, a friend who was willing to talk to me all the way home till I parked in the garage and turned the Jimmy off. God answers prayer.
I knew Sunday when I said YES to something that God is asking me to do that I would begin a battle like no other. It seems like all kinds of things go wrong, my emotions are all off the charts, and this Monday was a Monday like no other. Today things just kept getting worse so I texted a friend and simply said PRAY she did and guess what things began to calm down. I know when eternity comes it will all be worth it but I sure don't like this process of being molded and fired, broken and molded again!!!!! =:)
Does anyone out there have a really good verse to rely on when fear grips you so strongly that cry is all you can do? If you do will you share it PLEASE?

4 comments:

Casey R. Vincent said...

Brenda I do not have a verse for you, but I am thankful that you made it home safely. I heard that the roads were horrible! I am glad that your friend was able to talk to you on your way home and help to keep you calm. I am also glad that you enjoyed your meal! And by the way I know you said that you weren't sure what they had that you can eat on your lifestyle change ( they actually have whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce, that would be your best choice!) But you have to ask for their dietary info to get a menu with that on it!

Unknown said...

Brenda, When I was driving on my mail route years ago I had several instances where I cried out to God in fear. Usually, there was no time to focus on complete scripture but God would give me enough to ease my mind. Example, "Fear not, for I am with you." And, "I will not leave you nor forsake you."
I would always start my day in prayer asking God to wrap his loving and protective arms around me as I drove my 77 mile rural route in all kinds of bad weather.
I'm glad you got home safe. Now I want to know if Olive Garden was worth it?!

Sue said...

"Fear" would be a "care" right? My life verse is I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you."

Irun Man said...

Two of them that I'll share: "The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalm 29:11 and "I trust in God. I will not be afraid." Psalm 56:11 and, if e-we consider fear to be our enemy, "I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved from my enemies." 2 Samuel 22:4 :]