Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's almost time for the alarm to go off only I don't need it. I went to bed at 11 so tired I figured I would sleep way past the 5:30 alarm, instead at 1:30 I woke up wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep. I hate nights like this, there is nothing on TV, I can't concentrate on a book and I don't even have any new emails to read!! What's a lady to do? Well I did read some devotionals I get daily on the computer and I read some things that I have written down so now I want to share some with you.This is from Girlfriends in God; How much do you know about the 3 Wise Men? Were there really only 3? Were they really Wise men? Kings? Magi? How old was Jesus when they arrived? Did they get there on Christmas night or was Jesus a toddler when they arrived? Apparently, God did not think the details were important, what was important was the gifts they brought.
Gold stood for the riches of a king. Jesus was the King of Kings.( Revelatations 19:16)
Frankincense was incense used by the priests in the temple worship. Jesus would be ourt high priest who would go before the Heavenly Father and intercede for us. (Hebrews 4:14)
Myrrh was a perfume used in burial services, pointing to Jesus' death on the cross - a holy sacrifice for our sins (Romans 5:8)
Now it's your turn. I gave this challenge to our growth group, Make a list of the ways that Jesus is your King. Make a list of the ways that Jesus is your high priest. Make a list of the ways that Jesus' death and resurrection changed your life.
Give these sentences some thought and see what you come up with.

Something else I realized this week: My Bible is FAT!!!! Not fat from all the stuff I keep in it but fat from use! You know when you first get your bible how slim and trim it is? How all the pages kinda stick together and they seem so fragil? After years of reading and studying the pages seem to get tougher and the book gets fatter, I am glad that my bible is getting FAT.
Could I use that same thought process when it comes to my weight struggle?Hummmmmmmmm

No comments: