Sunday, August 17, 2008

Remolding


My life is like my house, remolding is a very stressful thing to go through when things are good but when your life is in shambles-------- well what can I say? Why I started a remolding project just 4 months after Glen died I will never know but this morning as the Jamaica team were telling of their experiences God began talking to me about my feelings and frustrations. I saw my living room, bedroom,kitchen,garage etc. and he said " This is you and just as these rooms are slowly coming together ONE DAY AT A TIME so is your life. I am repairing your heart and life ONE DAY AT A TIME. Just as remolding tears up a room instantly so does death instantly tears up a life. But as those rooms return as brand new rooms so will I restore you to a new life" Wow did that wake me up!!! I wonder if God is as frustrated with me as I am with me? I want my new life NOW I have a hard time waiting but I am learning that waiting is good for some things. I will keep you updated as the remolding continues you will see my rooms as they change and I hope that you will see my life as God changes it. Please bear with me as I struggle through the growing pains, I know there will be many more tears shed some painful and some joyful. I am sooooooooo thankful for the things that I have and the friends that I can love and share with. It looks like I have a lot and I do, so now I have been challenged to be a good steward of all the gifts God has given me.

Stay tuned to the continuing merry go round. By the way I did win with the mattress, so lets see what happens with the paint brushes and furniture!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will never forget going through my remodeling job. Women are nesters and we can't stand it when our homes are in disarray. Order brings peace so I understand your anxiety and frustration.
Be careful moving furniture and going up and down that ladder. I don't want to see you hurt AGAIN!

Kris Sorensen said...

Sounds like God is teaching you some amazing things through your everyday circumstances... He's good at that. God bless you.