Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Little bit of this -n -that


What do you do on a Sat. night? Well it depends if I don't have a date (& I usually don't!) and there isn't a dance and the grand kids happen to be free you spend the evening with the them and have a ball. A couple of weeks ago I took 4 of my grand kids to my HOG chapter meeting at MCL in Richmond they are a hoot to watch choose food especially the boys, man can they eat!!! I am not sure what they thought of grandma as it was wear your leathers night and I had on my very first pair of leathers- red chaps and read fringed jacket no I didn't get a picture but let me assure you I could be seen a mile away! I was also excited because I can now wear them it has been 5 years since I was able to get into them! Then we went to the movies to see Bedtime Stories but the movie had already started so we got our tickets back to the mall to hang out. While we were there they decided to get our pictures taken in one of those little booths I have never done anything like that so here we go and here are the pictures. My grand daughter who is 14 said "I always have fun with you grandma!" Boy did that feel good!!
I looked at the calendar today and we only have 13 weeks till we are in New Orleans! It seems from one year to the next it is so long then all of a sudden it is here. I am really looking forward to what God has in store for us this year it is always something exciting, sometimes scary and always a learning experience.
Perspectives class is equally interesting a lot of the information goes right over my head but I do retain some! This week we talked about getting to know the culture of the people that you are going to serve. It is so important to understand their ways before you try to lead them to Jesus, if you don't halfway understand each other it can be very confusing.Only 4 more weeks of this class then what will I do with Monday nights? I am sure the yard and warm weather will take care of that. Isn't it just beautiful outside today?
Well that is all the rambling I have to do today time to jump in the shower and run!!!
BYE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda,

As far as grandma's go I'd say you Rock!
How many grandma's wear red leather chaps, drives a cycle, goes to Monster Truck Shows, does mission trips, takes the kids to dinner, movie and the mall and still be as pretty and sweet as you are? Shoot....I like hanging out with you too!;D