Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I WANT MY JIMMY BACK

This morning I took my Jimmy in for some much needed help and after much discussion about what might be wrong and what I wanted done I handed over the keys to the service department and in return they gave me a loaner car. I don't like driving cars they are too low to the ground and I need all the help I can get at getting up off the ground! This car is so low that every where I turn in Winchester it's front scrapes! Well much to my dismay I could not have Jimmy back tonight because it was so hard to tear apart and the parts will be in tomorrow that they kept it and I am stuck with "the car" You know how it is when you drive a different vehical, nothing is where it is supposed to be right? I drove to Union City tonight to watch my sister - in- law preform in the melodrama at the Stateline Heritage Days under the Big Tent. What a treat to see her preform (you did rather well my dear) the cast is funny and I am sure by Sat they will all remember their lines. They preformed the same melodrama that they played with a different cast 20 years ago except for the villan who is Dennis Pratt and he is original and oh what a villan he makes! If you want something cheap to do and don't mind taking a little drive to UC then you should check it out. There are things going on each night nothing fantastic but some good country fun. Sat there is a parade among other things we will be having our anual parade party at my daughters house, she lives on the parade route so we all pile in at their house for lots of good food, games and a prade. If you are in town come down to 601 n columbia and join us!!! Honestly they won't notice a few more guests, oh and Jaicee and Lacy will both be there! Anyway back to "the car" It was 10 pm when I started home and after I got out of town I realizes that I didn't have my lights on and I didn't know WHERE the lights were at!!! I finally found them but was never sure if they were on and I had to hold the brights on manualy b/c they wouldn't stay on, I got it parked out front now and I WANT MY JIMMY BACK!!!! In my life there is never a dull moment, it might be funny ,it might be tearful, it could be painful but it is never never dull. God has surely blessed me that way!

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

I so understand your issue!!! hey, we may have to come by for the parade! The kids would LOVE it!!! Although... you wouldn't have us for the whole party... just the parade! :) See you later!

Emily said...

BRENDA!! i am going through the same thing right now! my escape went to get serviced, and they ended up keeping it. they offered me a focus and i said NO WAY. i asked for an F350 and they said NO WAY. so in the mean time i will drive my mom's little SUV. but I WANT MY ESCAPE BACK!!!