Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reflections

Today has been kinda strange, it has been a day of learning new things at work, some are going to be quite challenging and tomorrow promises to be even more of a challenge! More on that as things progress, a church's Administrative Assistant is a lot more involved than you think! More so I have been going back over my life of the last few years and wondering Why? Why did my marriage of 24 years end? Why did I get involved with an alcholic and get hurt so bad? Why when I finally found true love did it have to end so soon? Why,Why,Why? The only real answer I have is Gods word telling me over and over that my ways are not his ways and my time is not his time. He also keeps reminding me that he has a plan for my life and it is a good plan. I am impatient though and I want answers yesterday!! I don't like pain physical or emotional and it seems like that is where I am right now. Again I ask why? I have come a long way but still have a long way to go, am I complaining? Well yes and no, I am learning to be content where I am at the moment but am anxious to move forward. I think I am rambling on guess that is the mood tonight but as my title says tomorrow is Another New Day!!! Have a good night all.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Brenda,
I was asking why,why,why this week, too! I am sorry to admit it, but my faith took a slight nose dive. I had to keep reminding myself, that "ALL things work together for good for them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose". I had to stop asking myself what I had done wrong? What had I neglected to cover in prayer? That was wrong... My life verse is II Peter 5:7; "Cast all your care upon Him, cause He cares for you". That is the verse that gives me the most comfort, and yet, I have the hardest time doing it!!!

Thanks for sharing your heart with us!

Emily said...

that is the great thing about a blog...you can ramble all you want!!!

and i've always wanted answers yesterday too. i don't think it's too much to ask hehe:)

Mommy pfohl said...

Brenda- I know the feeling of the why factor. I'm there today. I'm praying for you! Learning to wait and learning to know God has a good purpose is sometimes very hard to come to accepting and waiting patient and being content while you wait! Night!