Monday, June 15, 2009

New Orleans day 2




Today was a busy day at Car, penters House II My crew first worked in the tool room organizing all the power tools, nuts, bolts, nails, plumbing and electrical supplies. Some of us made a trip to Crescent City to the grocery to get lunch, supper and breakfast supplies, I am getting used to driving in this town and the big van so far I haven't backed into a thing!!! Next I was handed a challenge Judy comes in and says that she wants to see me Ok says I and she leads me to a dark closet full of all kinds of craft supplies and then she says "I hear you want to do a bible school, here is a closet full of stuff you can use anything you want in here" I am like but what program do I use, where is the material? The material is what ever God lays on your heart. Oh boy am I in a pickle now! But as picture number 2 shows 5 ladies stepped up to the plate and said we want to help what can we do? We have some craft ideas in mind memory verses in mind and a theme!! Please pray with us that this will all fall together. Judy said that her goal is to take me outside my box even further and she knows she just did!! The picture on the left is the 3 members on this trip that were on the first New Orleans LA trip we went back to visit Crescent City Baptist church to see all the changes, it now has bunks in every rooms and the air works and all bathrooms work!! What a change!!! The last picture is our group which is becoming our family by the end of the week we will know eachother very well and new friendships will form and old ones will be strengthened.
Good night!!

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I'm so happy you guys are there! Praying for you all!

Emily said...

:( i want to be there right now, but i know you guys are holding down the fort. thanks for the pics and updates! keep them coming

Irun Man said...

Thanks for continuing to journal and share pictures! Hope the Bible school comes off without a hitch. God will surely bless your efforts! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey sis and daughter
miss you guys but keep up the good work