Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Orleans 09 Sunday




The day has finally arrived we are on our way to New Orleans LA. My third trip here and every year I am excited to get down here and see what has been happening and what God has for me this time. We had a relatively uneventful trip down except for having to leave Lisa and Evan at the Edinburgh outlet mall to be picked up by family, Lisa and Kenny our thoughts are with you. This year I get to be a driver with Dennis being my co-pilot. Sharon and I tend to drive at the same time and since we both have lead feet it works great I get to get some of the "desire for speed " out of me!! The picture out the window is of the median in Alabama of the wild flowers these happen to be black eyed susans such a beautiful site along with the magnolia trees and other wild flowers. We arrived at Carpenters House II about 10:15 pm Indiana time but we gained an hour so it is really a little after 9 pm we were on the road for what seemed like days but somewhere between 16 & 17 hours. When we got out of the van at our home for the week we quickly realized that we are not in Indiana, it is HOT here even at night! Luckily the girls have air conditioning sorry guys. Well everyone wants to go to sleep and they just turned the lights out on me so I too will say goodnight. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Irun Man said...

Thanks for showing a picture of the dorm room! Nice to see the outcome of the place where Kevin and I (and many others) lost so much sweat. Glad you made it there safely! God Bless!!!

Irun Man said...

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 ~ "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil - this is the gift of God."
(Just wanted to share. Thinking of you and the mission team.)

Bonnie said...

Hi Brenda...I do the website for Carpenters House 2 and I've linked your Blog to our site. I was there with my church group, Grace Fellowship, Pickerington, Ohio the week before you.

Blessings to you, after reading your blog I find we have a lot in common.

www.crescentcitycarpentershouse.org