Monday, October 26, 2009

Bugs

Well the H1N1 has hit my family too.Taylor my granddaughter just turned 13 on Sat and also contracted the virus the same day. She has fought a temp of 105.5 all day today but her mom called and said no trip to the hospital as the temp down to 99 hopefully it will stay down. What a birthday present right? I haven't got my shots yet dr didn't have them when I called they didn't have them yet. Delema do I keep trying or take the chance that I am immune? From last year's experience with pneumonia I know that I am not immune from germs. In the same way I am not immune to all the dangers in the world just because I am a Christian and just because I work in a church doesn't mean I am safe. Without going into a lot of detail a couple of weeks ago I got a phone call at work not one that you would expect a church to get. This person was in Missouri but called a church in Winchester, Indiana just by going on the internet and picking a church. Why my office? Why me? How did I keep my witts about me? Was I scared? Not while on the phone but later YES!!! I had to learn to lock my doors and windows, not be alone for a while I felt like a prisoner in my own home. I didn't like that feeling and still now I am more careful about noticing my surroundings.
Pastor Kris is talking about HOPE and giving it to others, I been thinking about how my experiences could give someone hope. God takes us down paths that we don't like sometimes so we can be able to help others that may have to walk that same path someday. Your paths are different than mine, some have sickness, financial difficulties,injury,loneliness, joys,triumphs and so on. The lessons we learn can when used by God bring HOPE to others because they can see Jesus through our lives. Take some time to think about those paths and how they can help someone else.

No comments: